Episode 37: Jennifer Sterling on Healing, Intentional Impact, and Doing the Opposite
Oh, brave ones, there are no words. I am beyond thrilled for you to get your beautiful, brave ears on today’s conversation with Jennifer Sterling, holistic nutritionist and dance/movement psychotherapist. As a holistic nutritionist, dance/movement psychotherapist, and founder of The Black Girl Healing Project, Jennifer focuses on supporting black women who are living with depression.
Jennifer shares her story, from studying as a health coach (where she and I discovered each other, all those years ago!) to getting her first masters in holistic nutrition to intentionally combining her nutrition work with dance/movement psychotherapy for greater impact.
In our conversation, we talk all about...
- How Jennifer is creating a holistic community for black women around mental health, nutrition, physiology, and the impact of oppression
- Why when you’re feeling triggered or reactive, it’s not the time to push through your comfort zone (and what to do instead)
- How doing the work herself has changed her
- Why she decided to do the opposite of what our culture tells us to do and is slowing down, pulling back, and becoming more present
- What happened when she decided to throw out the online marketing “shoulds” to build her own version of impact
- How getting a 9-to-5 has freed her to build the community and movement that she dreams of
- How to care for yourself when you’re doing big, brave, impactful work
It’s a conversation that you don’t want to miss (and one I’m utterly grateful to have been a part of)!
// iTunes // Google Play // Stitcher //
Love this episode and want to hear more? Subscribe and leave a review over on iTunes! Every review helps us reach more wholehearted and creative entrepreneurs (like you!).
Instagram is my happy place, y’all. It's where I microblog on the daily, share sneak peeks + exclusives, and connect with my heart-humans (that's you!). Find me @katekmccarthy.
A Braver Brand with Kate K. McCarthy is produced by Kate K. McCarthy, LLC. For show notes & other resources, visit www.katekmccarthy.com/podcast.